Hutchison Ports Sohar places strong emphasis on Human Resources and seeks to attract and develop motivated people who demonstrate professional competence and integrity in performing their jobs.
Our employees are our valuable assets and we aim to encourage people to join us as our success depends on attracting and selecting the skilled and talented employees.
A significant and growing number of our employees are Omanis which reflects our commitment to Omanization.
Why Join us?
Hutchison Ports Sohar builds capacity and develops employees to create a qualified and capable workforce. We continuously invest in training and development programs of our employees.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Infrastructure Superintendent
Job Code – IT01
|Job Reference Code :
||Job Code – IT01
|Job Title :
||IT Infrastructure Superintendent
|Job Location :
|Job start date :
|Preferred Qualification :
||1) Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or relevant discipline. Must have a Project management Certification, Certified Data Center Expert, ITIL, MCSE 2003. / / Advantage : Master’s degree in relevant IT \ Business Disciplines. Hold one or more of the following Qualifications/Certifications: Cybersecurity, Network, Storage Systems, Cloud Computing, Backup Systems, Big Data related.
|Preferred Years of Experience :
||• At least 8 years of experience in managing corporate IT Infrastructure and services or similar role in a medium to large organization out of which at least 4 years leading an IT team.
- Responsible to develop and manage IT infrastructure including data centers, servers, storage and data\database and application services, coordinate, and act as focal point for the company with Vendors and any other companies or third party.
- Responsible to strategies, design, plan, manage all telecommunication infrastructure including SDH \ STM (with partners), Leased Lines, FOC infrastructure, hotlines, coordinate, and act as focal point for the company with Omantel, any other companies or third parties.
- Develop, design, support and maintain the IT corporate infrastructure, data centers, equipment, business system, software, and services
- Responsible to manage networks (Corporate and OT) for availability and performance, services IPT\Videoconferencing\ DNS, DHCP, VLANs, manage public IP addresses. Ensure that configuration of all equipment is optimal and follows best practices for redundancy and multiple paths.
- Ensuring that configuration management of front-end and backend IT infrastructure is maintained to highest levels (ITIL / MOF / ISO 27001 - security).
- Manage, provide services, and ensure all employees, systems and applications are adequately protected from the Internet gateway utilizing OICT firewalls and security devices. Develop and maintain NGIPS requirements, policies, DMZ, Firewalls, NGFW, VPN, updated Cisco IOS patching and ensure safe working architecture. Perform periodic vulnerability assessments.
- Maintain\Design passive infrastructure, structured cabling\network cabinets\FoC\OSP ...
- Ensure that all contracts are up-to date and valid with regards to maintenance \ warranties and support for telecommunications, network, IP telephony and IT infrastructure /systems.
- Develop, install, and maintain data communication system, ensure FOC availability, capacity and connectivity as per agreed SLAs.
- Providing second level support to Service Desk staff (IT & Telecoms) to solve any telecoms \ network issues. To take ownership of any unresolved issues and provide solutions including with third - parties \ manufacturers if necessary, until issue is closed.
- Ensuring high IT services availability with development and maintenance of disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans and regular testing (failover\failback), backend equipment at both HO and Disaster Recovery site.
- Assist IT Manager in annual budget preparation, periodical reviews, projects planning and execution.
- Ensures that the data backup architecture and services are operating as intended, backups are valid and regular restore tests are established and RTO and RPO are always optimized within available capabilities.
- Manage and supervise (with third parties if necessary) secondary infrastructure systems including (outsourced services if necessary).
- Responsible to ensure IT support staff are always available for rapid emergency response by planning leaves \ training and duties consequently.
- Ensure that all contracts are up-to date and valid with regards to maintenance \ warranties and support for IT infrastructure and systems.
- Develop and maintain multi-tiered data storage, enterprise solutions including data consolidation, server consolidation\virtualization.
- Ensures that all necessary documentation and reports from advanced infrastructure reporting tools are provided on timely basis and usable for auditing and performance monitoring purposes.
- Ensure capacity planning is performed regularly to ensure systems and services availability, in-charge or backend systems inventory and spare parts stocks.
- Assist IT Manger to develop, install, support, and maintain the backend IT infrastructure, equipment, software, and services.
- Proactively monitor IT service levels, develop, and maintain KPIs, report KPI in real time and perform IT audits to ensure information and processes validity.
- Develop, install, support, and maintain the Telecom network and data communication systems, equipment, software and services and maintain documentation up to date
- Ensure the delivery of quality Telecom services to meet company requirements, including reviewing Telecom network (usage reporting) to monitor usage and ensure capacity requirements are maintained, monitoring telecom and network systems to detect problems, monitor network performance on an on-going basis, evaluate solutions and improvements of the technology scenario and make recommendations that include benefits, identify and resolve hardware and software issues escalated from engineers, responsible for creation of change controls for any required changes or additions to the computing environment and communications network.
- Actively pursue best practices to maximize use of existing resources.
- Ensure the delivery of quality IT services to meet company requirements, including; reviewing IT Systems metrics (usage reporting) to monitor usage and ensure capacity requirements are maintained, implement strategies for storage and server consolidation.
- Identify and develop training needs and requirements for staff including preparation of annual Training and development plan, identify competency requirement for each position and conduct gap analysis exercise. Prepare annual reports for staff.
- Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE
- Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of OICT
- Implement all Quality and HSE requirements coming under your area of jurisdiction
- Lead systems, network and infrastructure related projects and tasks.
- Lead team and provide guidance to improve services and skills sets
- Follow IT Security as per IT and Groups Security policy, procedure and guidelines, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Develop and train IT Service desk on network and infrastructure related issues and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance in IT infrastructure area as per Hutchison Ports Sohar’s and Group security policy, procedure, guidelines and ICRM
- Ensure Service Management and relevant internal/external SLA requirements are met.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and writing skills.
- Excellent Organization Skill, Multi-task, and Time Management Skill.
- Ability to work Under Pressure and ability to learn.
- Analytical Skills and detail oriented
- MS Office (Excel, word, Outlook, and PowerPoint etc.)
- Language: Bilingual (Business English & Arabic)