Hutchison Ports Sohar places strong emphasis on Human Resources and seeks to attract and develop motivated people who demonstrate professional competence and integrity in performing their jobs.
Our employees are our valuable assets and we aim to encourage people to join us as our success depends on attracting and selecting the skilled and talented employees.
A significant and growing number of our employees are Omanis which reflects our commitment to Omanization.
Why Join us?
Hutchison Ports Sohar builds capacity and develops employees to create a qualified and capable workforce. We continuously invest in training and development programs of our employees.
Email your resumé to email@example.com
Information Technology (IT)
|Job Reference Code :
|Job Title :
|Job Location :
||Port of Sohar
|Job start date :
||Information Technology (IT)
|Preferred Qualification :
||Bachelor’s in computer Science
|Preferred Years of Experience :
- Monitor systems performance to ensure security and availability to the users. Analyze and isolate the issues. Ensure 24x7 availability of systems and Infrastructure.
- Assist Line Manager – in system, network and infrastructure related projects and tasks.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network servers such as active directory servers, file servers, VPN gateways, end point security & encryption systems, and mobile device management system.
- Train IT service desk staff to ensure their knowledge upkeep about the IT systems environment.
- Identify the end user devices, software licenses and other IT related requirements and plan the procurement.
- Good hands-on experience and understanding on virtualize environment, backup solution and windows tools and solutions.
- Respond to 2nd level help desk calls and planned work requests. To manage such items through to resolution or escalate them to another member of the team within SLA targets.
- Ensure that technology assets are managed and supported in accordance with policies and procedures defined in IT Policy and compliance.
- Perform information security tasks and responsibilities and follow the information security practices as set by Hutchison Ports Sohar’s information security policy.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain backup server, configure, and test the backups, ensure that the backups are running on time and without affecting operations.
- Understanding of Azure environment
- Manage UPS, data center and other infrastructure related projects.
- Maintain Hutchison Ports email system and ensure the optimum use of licenses.
- Support other IT teams in their project as and when required